It’s Meet & Greet Monday, which means it’s time for you to meet one of our wonderful and super talented students. Read the interview below.
Name: Matthew Roberts
Hometown: Kenwood, CA
Current Hours: 788
Graduation Date: September 2014
1. What made you choose beauty as a career?
Watching shows and reading magazines lead to an interest in beauty. I decided that I wanted to turn people into fashion icons and enhance their look by giving them confidence.
2. How did you decide to enroll at Lytle’s?
I heard about Lytle’s through an employee who used to be a student here.
3. What is life like outside of school?
I student, hang out with friends, and go places when I have time.
4. What is your most memorable experience here at Lytle’s?
The feeling of it being like a second home to me.
5. How has beauty changed your life?
I now put more effort into my style and try to be the best Cosmetologist I can. Also, I pay attention more to fashions, trends, looks, styles, etc…
6. Where do you see yourself after graduation?
In 1 year, I see myself working under someone at a salon in Santa Rosa. In 2 years, I see myself in Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York, working as a professional Hairstylist to the stars or at a high end salon.
7. Do you have any advice to anyone thinking about beauty as a career?
Keep up with the times, think positive, never give up, and don’t be afraid to step out of the box.