It’s Meet & Greet Monday, which means it’s time for you to meet one of our wonderful and super talented students. Read the interview below.
Name: Jessica O’Brien
Hometown: Rohnert Park, CA
Current Hours: 1437.5
Graduation Date: April 3, 2014
1. What made you choose beauty as a career?
I didn’t want to be stuck doing something I wasn’t passionate about and I love this form of art.
2. How did you decide to enroll at Lytle’s?
Kind of on a whim! I finished me semester at university and enrolled at Lytle’s a month later. It’s close to home and it’s not a “big name” school
3. What is life like outside of school?
I try to fit in as much “me” time as possible – hiking, being with friends, etc. ; but I also work as a server.
4. What is your most memorable experience here at Lytle’s?
Making friends I never thought I’d have.
5. How has beauty changed your life?
It has made me more artistic and sociable. You are always challenging your body and mind.
6. Where do you see yourself after graduation?
Working at a Barber Shop! I discovered a talent for men’s cuts.
7. Do you have any advice to anyone thinking about beauty as a career?
Go for it! I never thought I would be here but I told myself to follow my gut and I’m so glad I did.
8. Is there anything else that you would like to say or share?
You will learn a lot more than hair, skin and nails here. Beauty School will probably be one of the hardest years of your life but also one of the most rewarding.