It’s Meet & Greet Monday, which means it’s time for you to meet one of our wonderful and super talented students. Read the interview below.
Name: Jordan Oswald
Hometown: Fort Bragg, CA
Current Hours: 1100
Graduation Date: July 2, 2014
1. What made you choose beauty as a career?
I chose beauty as a career because I have always enjoyed working with people and I like making people feel beautiful, not only on the outside but on the inside as well.
2. How did you decide to enroll at Lytle’s?
I looked at other schools in the area and researched online. Once I came to the Lytle’s Open House: I was SOLD! It seemed like a very close knit & caring environment.
3. What is life like outside of school?
I’m married and have a toddler; so I’m always busy trying to juggle school & parenthood. It’s a hard balance to do well and keep up: laundry, homework, dinners, grocery shopping, and more laundry.
4. What is your most memorable experience here at Lytle’s?
The moment when my 90 degree haircut finally clicked!! That haircut had me in tears; but I conquered it and now its one of my favorites.
5. How has beauty changed your life?
Embracing beauty into my life has allowed me to look at myself and the people around me in a much softer light. I judge less, I love more, and I accept myself just the way I am.
6. Where do you see yourself after graduation?
I see myself busy owning a salon and making tons of $$ !!!
7. Do you have any advice to anyone thinking about beauty as a career?
Go for it! Be easy on yourself in the learning process, everyone learns at their own rate. Doing something new is scary, but change and challenge is good for the soul.
8. Is there anything else that you would like to say or share?
This school is so much more than a beauty college. For so many of the students, it is LIFE college, where we have the opportunity to learn Cosmetology as well. The curriculum is very detailed and well thought out. The staff is wonderfully open and down to earth.