At Lytle’s Beauty College, we are committed to assisting you with your career goals. Below, you will find our most commonly asked questions.
- Do you offer part time schedules for classes? Do you offer evening classes?
Unfortunately, we do not offer evening or part time classes. Our classes are full time, and daytime.
- Can I apply for financial aid to help finance my schooling?
Absolutely! Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. You will want to fill out the FAFSA, which can be found here. Our school code is: 013807.
- Do you offer scholarships?
We do not have in-house scholarships, but you may absolutely apply for scholarships and use them to finance your schooling. Beauty Changes Lives is a great resource!
- Do you offer a Lash Extension program?
You may legally provide lash extension services with either a Cosmetology or Esthetics license in the state of California. Sadly, we had to halt our highly popular 2-day Borboletta lash class due to COVID. We are currently working on bringing it back, which will be announced.
- I want to start ASAP and I have the $100 for a deposit. When do I pay that?
Great! Your very first step to enrollment is to attend a ZOOM Open House. Please call the Admissions Office to set an Open House up, or submit a web inquiry from our home page. After you complete the rest of the enrollment steps following Open House, you will be scheduled a final admissions appointment, which is where we enroll you and you put your deposit down.
- How do I reserve a seat in a class?
Seats in our classes are on a first come, first serve basis. Your first step to enrollment is to attend an Open House. The sooner you complete all enrollment requirements, the sooner you can be enrolled!
- Do I need to take both the Cosmetology and Esthetics classes?
It is not necessary to take both. The cosmetology program teaches hair, skin, waxing, makeup, and nails. Our Esthetics program teaches skin, waxing, and makeup. If you have any interest in hair or nails, we highly suggest enrolling in Cosmetology!
- Why are your Esthetics classes pushed so far out?
We had to halt enrollment for Esthetics for about a year due to COVID-19. Unfortunately, this caused our program to become extremely impacted. If you have any interest in our Esthetics program, we suggest starting the enrollment process right away. Please fill out a web inquiry on our homepage, or call our office, to get started!
- Do you offer a Manicuring Program? Do you offer a Barbering program?
We do not offer a Manicuring program, or a Barbering program. However, you can still specialize in nails as a licensed Cosmetologist, which we do offer here at Lytle’s Beauty College.
- Is there a lot of homework? Are the tests hard?
We are committed to providing the highest quality education available for our students, and we pride ourselves on having some of the highest pass rates in the State of California. To achieve this, students should expect 5-15 hours of homework per week to prepare them for the State Board exam and their future career.
- I feel like I want to pursue this as a career, but I’m still not entirely sure after attending Open House. I want to make sure I make the right decision as this is both a financial and educational investment. What should I do?
We hear you! We encourage all prospective students who have attended an Open House that are still unsure about enrollment to come to our campus and receive a complementary shampoo/blow dry or 50% off any service (excluding keratin treatments) to see how we operate. We also highly recommend interviewing someone who is licensed and working in the industry for further insight. Our Salon Interview sheet can be found here.
- Will I only learn about one product line?
We have a wide variety of product lines and vendors that we carry at our College. Some of these names include Wella, Redken, Sebastian, Hattori Hanzo, Image Skincare, Dermalogica, and MAC Cosmetics to name a few. We are also very proud to have many local spa/salon owners and licensed professionals come to our College as guest speakers so our students can learn from some of the very best in our industry.
- Does Lytle’s Beauty College offer job placement? Will you help me find a job after graduating?
We regularly post job opportunities on our Lytle’s Students & Alumni page on Facebook as we receive them. We have found that most of our students already know what they want to do before they graduate and generally have jobs lined up before taking their State Board exam!
- Do you offer housing on campus?
We do not offer on-campus housing.